Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sport Mart Closing...Deals to be Found!

A friend of mine told me the other day that she walked into Sport Mart Langley to find the entire store was an additional 30%off the last ticketed price. So off I went!

Here's what I found out. Canadian Tire acquired Sport Mart earlier this year. Since its acquisition, they've resigned to shut down more than 100 stores Canadawide. This includes all of the Sport Mart locations...thus the 30%off all merchandise. The Sport Mart in Langley is due to be closed by Jan 1, 2013. I anticipate that discounts will get larger in the coming weeks. If you're looking for something specific though, maybe it's worth checking out while the selection is still great. There is a ton of inventory!

Are there good deals? On some things, yes. There are some sporting goods that rarely go on sale, such as UA (Under Armour) and NHL jerseys. Men's Canucks jerseys are $94 with the current discount. Kids UA pants are $28 with the current discount. There are some good deals on runners, such as New Balance and Nike for under $50.

What did I buy? I ended up buying some accessories for hockey (blade guards, neck guard) for around $9. I also bought myself a fabulous snowboard jacket for $45 (retail was $130, marked down to $64.88)...but the BEST deal was on a youth Reebok 2 piece track suit...reg.$60....it was marked down to $9.99, which means I paid $4.15 for the suit. That's less than a mocha at Starbucks.

I am sure I'll be in again to see what else I can snatch :)



No comments:

Post a Comment